If you would like a lifelong career in construction and to earn while you learn then an apprenticeship with Shared Apprenticeships South West will be perfect for you.
We work with top construction firms and are currently looking for willing Bricklaying Apprentices in the Plymouth area.
A Brick laying Apprenticeship will cover, but is not limited to, the following criteria –
- Setting out masonry structures
- Construction Technology
- Solid Walling
- Cavity Walling
- Masonry Cladding
With no experience necessary , an apprenticeship is perfect for those coming out of education (GSCE’s, A-levels or college) or someone who wants a career change.
Generally, apprentices spend 4 days at a work placement gaining evidence for their NVQ and 1 day at college learning and gaining relevant diplomas. Progress through the levels will be managed by an ATS (Apprentice Training Schedule) which sets out the mandatory and optional units of work that need to be completed.
Being employed by Shared Apprenticeships South West means you are guaranteed the opportunity to complete your apprenticeship with one or more of our host contactors. You will receive the national minimum wage for your age (which is higher than the national apprenticeship wage) and you will also get paid for your college day. At SASW, your dedicated mentor is in place to help and guide you through your apprenticeship.
- Enthusiastic approach to work and training
- Ability to work safely and responsibly at all times
- Ability to communicate to a variety of people
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Interest in the construction industry, previous experience/qualifications useful but not required
- A CSCS card is required – this will be managed by SASW, the individual will need to pass this prior to starting their role if not already held (Health, Safety and Environment Test)
- Own transport an advantage but not a requirement
If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to submit your application.Apply now