Apprentice Construction Manager / Quantity Surveyor
If you would like a lifelong career in construction and to earn while you learn then an apprenticeship with Shared Apprenticeships South West will be perfect for you. In preparation for our summer 2020 intake we are now recruiting.
We work with top construction firms and are currently looking for willing construction technician apprentices in the specified area. People who have completed this programme often go on to be Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Estimators or Planners.
Successful applicants will start working towards a level 3 or 4 diploma and NVQ. Weeks are split by 4 days work with a host contractor and 1 day at college, for the duration of the 2 year apprenticeship.
Working with the main and the sub-contractors on site and supporting the management team you will learn all aspects of running a safe and productive construction site. In the first year you will gain a solid base in health, safety and welfare, preparing programmes and schedules of work and developing and maintaining working relationships alongside basics skills in estimating, planning, buying, surveying and site technical support. During the second year an area of expertise may be selected to specialise in.
Being employed by Shared Apprenticeships South West means you are guaranteed the opportunity to complete your apprenticeship with one or more of our host contactors. You will receive the national minimum wage for your age (which is higher than the national apprenticeship wage) and you will also get paid for your college day. At SASW, your dedicated mentor is in place to help and guide you through your apprenticeship.
Duties may include, but are not limited to –
– Assisting the project management team in the running of a construction site
– Conducting site inspections with the site manager
– Working with estimators and surveyors
– Attending meetings with the project manager, site manager and other external parties
Successful candidates will be at least 16 years old, work safely and responsibly at all times be meet the following criteria –
– Enthusiastic approach to work and college
– Ability to communicate to a variety of people
– Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
– Interest in the construction industry, previous experience/qualifications useful but not required
– For a level 3 Apprenticeship grades A-C in English, Maths and preferably Science.
– For a level 4 Apprenticeship level 3 qualification equivalents will be required.
– A CSCS card is required – this will be managed by Shared Apprenticeships; the individual will need to pass this prior to starting their role if not already held
– Own transport an advantage but not a requirement
If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to submit your application.Apply now