Apprentice Construction Technician – Shaftesbury
Calling all aspiring site managers, quantity surveyors, planners and estimators. Come and be a Construction Technician apprentice and get your foot on the ladder to a great career in Construction.
The Construction Technician apprentice will be working towards a BTEC in “Construction in the Built Environment”. Alongside this they will complete an NVQ3 in Construction Contracting which will allow the apprentice to demonstrate the theory learnt at college and evidence it in life on site. The apprenticeship will last 2 years. The role will be based at college one day per week and the remaining four days at the Host Contractor’s Office/Site.
Working with the main contractor and the sub-contractors on site and supporting the management team the apprentice will learn all the aspects of running a safe and productive construction site. In the first year they will gain a solid base in health, safety and welfare, preparing programmes and schedules of work and developing and maintaining working relationships alongside basics skills in estimating, planning, buying, surveying and site technical support. During the second year an area of expertise may be selected to specialise in.
Duties may include, but are not limited to: –
- Assisting the project management team in the running of a construction site
- Conducting site inspections with the site manager
- Working with estimators and surveyors
- Attending meetings with the project manager, site manager and other external parties
Successful candidates will be at least 18 years old, work safely and responsibly at all times, with a positive and enthusiastic approach to work and training in College.
- Ability to communicate to a variety of people
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Interest in the construction industry, previous experience/qualifications useful but not required
- Grades A-C in English, Maths and preferably Science
- A CSCS card is required – this will be managed by Shared Apprenticeships; the individual will need to pass this prior to starting their role if not already held
- Own transport is a requirement
Salary – all apprentices are paid National Minimum wage for their age, and they are paid when at college and at site. Apprentices usually 40 hours per week
Benefits – 20 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays. Weekly travel allowance of up to £25.00
This position will start late Spring/early Summer 2018, with college starting September 2018
If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete the downloadable application form on the website – www.swsharedapprenticeships.com
If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to submit your application.Apply now