We work with top construction firms who are currently looking for willing someone to fill their carpentry apprenticeship in Bristol.
A Carpentry Apprenticeship will cover, but is not limited to, the following criteria –
- Health and Safety
- First fix flooring and roofing
- First fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Second fixing operations
- Carpentry maintenance
- Second fixing double doors and mouldings
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Reading plans/blue prints
- Shaping, cutting and moulding wood
- Taking sizes and measurements to calculate materials needed
With no experience necessary, an apprenticeship is perfect for those coming out of education (GSCEs, A-levels or college) or someone who wants a career change.
Apprentices spend 4 days at a work placement gaining evidence for their NVQ. Alongside this, they’ll spend 1 day at college learning and gaining diplomas in Site Carpentry. Progress through the levels will be managed by an ATS (Apprentice Training Schedule) which sets out the mandatory and optional units of work that need to be completed.
Working with SASW
Being employed by SASW means you are guaranteed the opportunity to complete your apprenticeship with one or more of our host contractors. You will receive the national minimum wage for your age (which is higher than the national apprenticeship wage) and you will also get paid for your college day. At SASW, your dedicated mentor will help and guide you through your apprenticeship.
- Enthusiastic approach to work and training
- Ability to work safely and responsibly at all times
- Ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Able to work as part of a team as well as use own initiative
- Interest in the construction industry, previous experience/qualifications useful but not required
- A CSCS card is required – this will be managed by SASW, you will need to pass this before starting your role if not already held (Health, Safety and Environment Test)
- Own transport an advantage but not a requirement
If you are interested in this position, please follow the link below to submit your application.Apply now